St. Mary’s Healthcare Awards Carondelet Community Fund Grants
AMSTERDAM, N.Y., August 22, 2023—St. Mary’s Healthcare has awarded $11,000 in Carondelet Community Fund grants to 13 area nonprofits that share St. Mary’s values and mission. Together, the organizations provide much-needed support to people of all ages within St. Mary’s service area.
Grant recipients include:
- Broadalbin Perth Lions Foundation
- Catholic Charities Fulton-Montgomery Counties
- Comfort Zone-Trinity Lutheran Church
- Danielle’s House
- Grow Amsterdam
- Habitat for Humanity Montgomery County New York
- Haven of Hope Farm & Residence Inc.
- HFM Prevention Council-Creative Connections Clubhouse
- Johnstown Interfaith Council of Churches Food Pantry.
- Montgomery County – Office for Aging
- Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Volunteer Program
- New Dimensions
- Sarah Jane Sanford Home
“These organizations are invaluable partners, and our community and St. Mary’s are stronger because of them,” said Margaret Brodie, St. Mary’s vice president, mission advancement and patient experience. “With these grants, St. Mary’s recognizes both the essential work of these partners and their commitment to those we all serve.”
The Carondelet Community Fund was established in 1996 to honor and continue the spirit of St. Mary’s founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Grants are awarded annually by the St. Mary’s board of trustees to provide modest support to local programs and agencies that further the sisters’ tradition of outreach to the “dear neighbor.”