We thank you for making the time to visit your loved ones at St. Mary’s. The health and safety of our patients, staff and community remain our top priority. Please review our visitation policy below before visiting our hospital or specialty practices. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Patients can have as many healthy visitors as necessary but only 2 at a time at the bedside. All other visitors can wait in the waiting room and swap out.
- A list of department specific visitation hours can be found below.
- Visitors under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visitors to patients on droplet and contact precautions need to see a nurse about PPE before entering a patient’s room.
- Members of the clergy may visit at any time with the patient’s permission.
- The health team is able to make exceptions to meet the needs of patients in certain circumstances such as end-of-life.
- Visitors are welcome in the following units or practices while open:
- Ambulatory care
- Urgent care
- Primary care
- Specialty care
- Cancer Medicine
- Emergency Department: 24 hours a day
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU): 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Inpatient Mental Health Unit: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Maternity: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., 2 support persons and parent.
- Medical – Surgical Units: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Post Medical Rehab: Monday – Saturday 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Please do not visit if you are sick.
- Please respect patients who are trying to rest. Speak quietly, walk quietly, and laugh quietly.
- Keep visits brief. A few pleasant minutes are usually beneficial to the patient. Remember, sick people tire easily, but may hesitate to say so.
- Please observe visiting hours. Leave when visiting hours are over.
- Patients may have dietary restrictions. Please check with the care team.
- Gifts may be purchased in the gift shop located in the Hospital Lobby. Regulatory standards prohibit flowers in ICU.
- The Cafeteria is open from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Snacks are available from vending machines in the cafeteria 24 hours a day. The Memorial Campus cafeteria is open 7 a.m.- 2 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Nursing Care is essential for recovery. Visitors may be asked to leave while care is given.