Breastfeeding Support Services
July 26 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until December 27, 2023
Receive one-on-one support in your breastfeeding journey!
A lactation consultant is a certified health professional who specializes in breastfeeding. We help anyone — first-time parents, surrogate mothers or parents who’ve already breastfed several children. You may need some support during the first few weeks of your baby’s life when they’re still learning how to feed from the breast. You can schedule an appointment while you are still pregnant, right after you give birth or several months into breastfeeding.
Get the opportunity to:
- Finding the best breastfeeding position for you and your baby.
- Determine a feeding schedule.
- Baby’s latching correctly, issues with tongue-tie or sucking.
- Treatment for breast engorgement.
- How to increase or maintain your milk supply/supply concerns.
- Recognizing your baby’s hunger cues.
- Plugged ducts or breast infections like mastitis.
- Treatment for sore or cracked nipples.
- Learn how to use your breast pump to express breastmilk.
- Check baby’s weight/discuss any weight issues.
- Ask any other questions or concerns you have.
Call anytime following discharge 518-841-7314