Inpatient Services, Specialty Care
With private rooms and a family-friendly environment, the Birthing Center offers laboring moms high-quality care in restful surroundings.
There are many ways we make giving birth at St. Mary’s special, such as:
- Labor, delivery, recovery, and post-partum care all in one room, with the same team of highly trained nurses caring for you.
- We offer skin to skin in the operating room and families stay together as a unit in the OR.
- A hydrotherapy tub is available to be used during any part of labor. Some moms find this a comfort measure, providing relaxation and pain relief.
- There’s also a café for families and visitors.
- We offer post-discharge lactation support, by appointment.
- Parents can bring their baby back to the maternity unit and have a one-on-one consultation with our International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).