Photographed from left to right are St. Mary’s Healthcare associates Suzanne Hagadorn and Ricardo Orengo participating in a local community food distribution event.
Amsterdam, NY (February 11, 2021) - The Carondelet Community Fund was originally established in 1996 as a Board Designated Fund to honor and continue the spirit of St. Mary’s founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. The Sisters mission of service is rooted in a commitment of outreach to the “Dear Neighbor.” The Fund seeks to provide modest assistance to local programs and agencies whose values and mission align with the mission and values of St. Mary’s Healthcare.
Grants are now available to eligible non-profit community agencies that are located within the service area of St. Mary’s Healthcare. The deadline for submissions for the Carondelet Community Fund is Friday, March 19, 2021. Requests may not exceed $10,000. The Carondelet Community Fund Committee will review applications and make recommendations for funding to the St. Mary’s Healthcare Board of Directors for final approval.
To obtain an application, please contact the St. Mary’s Healthcare Mission Integration Office at 518- 841-7135. The Carondelet Community Fund will utilize the following process in evaluating applications for funding:
Applicants are asked to submit a letter of introduction and an application that is no more than (5) pages in length. The application must be typed double spaced and is to include the following:
- · Brief description of the history and scope of the applicants’ services.
- · Brief statement of the problem or needs addressed.
- · Applicant expertise in addressing problems or needs.
- · Geographic area and population served by applicant.
- · Brief narrative or summary of the project including objectives and anticipated results.
- · Financial statement including IRS 990, proposed budget for the requested grant.
- · Proposed program start and completion dates.
- · List of collaborative partners.
For additional questions regarding the Carondelet Community Fund or the application process, please contact Margaret Brodie, Vice President of Mission at St. Mary’s Healthcare at (518) 841-7135.