at St. Mary's Healthcare
Medical Arts Building
5010 State Highway 30, Suite G03
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Hours: Mon - Fri
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
PM sessions are available upon request
Speech-Language Pathologists evaluate and treat those of any age such as:
- Someone with a speech impairment, such as stuttering or slurred speech;
- Someone with voice problems, such as hoarseness or vocal chord nodules/polyps;
- Someone whose speech or language has been affected by a stroke or head injury, or a progressive neurological disease;
- Someone whose speech has been affected by a surgery or a type of treatment such as chemo or radiation;
- Someone with swallowing difficulties;
- Someone with a cleft palate or hearing impairment, etc.
You might use Speech-Language Pathology services for a child if....
- You have difficulty understanding what the child is trying to say;
- You think the child is speaking differently from children of the same age;
- The child has difficulty telling you what he or she wants; or
- The child has difficulty understanding what people are saying.
We attempt to offer an initial appointment within one working day of receiving the referral. A physician's prescription is required for speech, language, vocie or swallowing therapy.
Types of Speech Therapy
Language stimulation for pre-schoolers
Clinical swallowing evaluation
Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study (these must be booked separately through Patient Access by dialing 841-7224)