A Bequest Could Be The Most Important Charitable Gift You Ever Make
A gift to St. Mary's Healthcare in your will is a simple and powerful way to help people
throughout your community receive the best healthcare possible.
With just a quick phone call to your lawyer, you can positively affect lives for years to come.
Please consider putting a charitable gift in your will.
Donors have the ability to direct their gifts to areas of special interest to them. Listed below are areas where a donor may specify that his or her gift be applied, whether in the form of cash, a bequest or trust.
Only the earnings of endowment funds are spent. The principle and contributions to it are invested.
- Carondelet and Barnett Endowments: General purpose endowments for the benefit of the Hospital.
- Healthcare Scholarship and Cassetta Endowments: Endowments to provide healthcare scholarships for residents of Fulton and Montgomery Counties.
- Mauro Endowment: To provide funds for alcohol and substance abuse programs.
Contributions to restricted funds will be spent only for items related to the area, such as:
- Respiratory Care
- Family Health Center at Johnstown
- Patient Care
- Buildings and Equipment
- Family Health Center at Canajoharie
- Special Care Unit
Most gifts received are unrestricted and enable St. Mary's to use the contribution in whatever way will best permit the Hospital to meet its mission of healthcare delivery.
Donors have the ability to make their gifts in memory of a loved one by indicating it as a memorial gift. Donors may also make an honorific gift to recognize a living person, family, business, or other entity.
All gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible to the limit allowed by law.