Pain comes in many forms. At St. Mary's Pain Management Health Center, the goal is to treat each patient individually in a compassionate setting. With an integrated, comprehensive approach to pain management, our medical team creates a plan to put you on the road to recovery.
The Center, under the direction of Dr. Jason Steindler, Pain Management Specialist, focuses on working with patients dealing with chronic pain - pain that comes from a variety of conditions and that can steal an individual's enjoyment of life.
Your care is comprehensive; the team conducts a thorough review of your medical information as well as a complete physical exam. Each patient engages in a personal discussion with Dr. Steindler to ensure that accurate information is given and questions are answered. The final treatment plan is tailored to each person's specific needs.
Your care might include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Minimally invasive pain intervention treatments
- Therapeutic exercise (through a chiropractor or physical therapist)
- Assistance for you and your family in dealing with psychological and/or emotional issues related to your pain
- Referral to other medical specialists (surgeons, psychologists, neurologists and oncologists) to help implement aspects of your treatment plan
- Discussion of your treatment plan with your personal physician, who will remain involved with your care throughout the process
The St. Mary's Pain Management Health Center can help you manage your condition, teach you about chronic pain and help you take control. Speak to your primary care provider about a referral to these specialized services offered through St. Mary's Healthcare.
The Pain Management Health Center is located at:
St. Mary's Memorial Campus
4988 State Highway 30, 2nd Floor
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Referrals for new patients are welcomed; the office can be reached by calling 518-841-3712. The St. Mary's Primary and Specialty Health Centers accept most major insurances, including Medicaid and Medicare.