We have more pathways to choose...
in more specialized directions.
Do you experience genuine fulfillment in helping patients recover their health and re-orient their lives? If so, here is where you'll find the most diversified range of specialized opportunities for your professional growth--whatever your particular discipline and specific area of interest.
At St. Mary's Hospital at Amsterdam, the largest acute care hospital in the Montgomery/ Fulton County region and a member of Ascension Health, we embrace a Model Community of mission-focused, spiritually grounded associates like you, who will flourish and be inspired to reach their full potential.
Our Behavioral Health Department is enjoying a great increase in growth and has broadened to include an impressive array of highly specialized sub-divisions. That means your individual career path can run deeply into any one of several dedicated areas. Or, as our programs and your interests diverge, you might choose to switch to another sub-division without leaving our family.
Look at the spectrum of career possibilities:
- Inpatient Unit -- for short-term acute care
- Adult Mental Health Clinic -- for continuing outpatient care
- Alcohol & Substance Abuse Programs - to help sustain recovery from addiction
- Continuing Day Treatment (CDT) -- a 5-month program often used as an alternative to hospitalization or a next step
- Intensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Training (IPRT) -- a 5-day-a-week, practical, skills-based program to help recovering patients move towards socialization, vocation, education, and living arrangements
- Family Care Program -- providing family-like housing and associated services for community living
- Mobile Geriatric Outreach -- serving older, mentally disabled residents of Montgomery and Fulton Counties with education, consultation, assessment and referrals
- Social Club Program (N.E.W. Frontiers) -- a unique day program in a club-like setting, with 3 separate geographical locations
- Case Management Services (Supportive/Intensive) -- a dedicated group of client advocates linking patients in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties with medical, psychiatric social and educational services after discharge
Children's Mental Health Clinic & Day Treatment Program -- providing diagnosis and treatment for children under age 18 with serious emotional disorders and assisting their families
School-Based Outpatient Services --providing individual and group counseling at various schools in Montgomery and Fulton counties
Intensive Case Management C&Y -- helping persistently mentally ill patients under 18 avoid institutional placement by providing continuing access to medical, psychiatric, social and educational services
Coordinated Children's Services Initiative (CCSI) -- Coordinating specialized in-home assessment and treatment services when several different agencies are involved in a patient's care
Each of these career opportunities provides a highly stimulating and inclusive interdisciplinary work environment where your insights will be valued and your voice will be heard. We also put a strong emphasis on continuing education and individual growth and achievement.
St. Mary's Hospital offers excellent benefits that include tuition assistance as well as a genuine respect for our employees' life/work balance-so no mandatory overtime required! Join our dynamic environment; click here to apply and discover all the advantages that your skills, dedication and talent can bring--to you as well as our patients!